‘Socool’, Revolutionising Social Housing
Our clients, Conviva, are on a mission to deliver innovative and inspiring developments, scattered with a sprinkling of fun! To deliver experiential living that creates exciting communities. Convivia are reinventing the sector and turning social housing into ‘Socool’ homes.
Lomax was employed to lead the design philosophy, Interior design and to implement brand experience into these residential developments.
The ‘Socool’ specification:
- High-quality accommodation with a specification on par with the PRS
- Communal spaces that encourage residents to come together
- Smart tech to improve both building efficiencies and aid tenant interaction
- A focus on education resources for residents including a classroom in every development
- Access to other amenities including gyms, communal kitchens, soft-play areas
The communal spaces present an opportunity for enjoyment and communality which is key to the Conviva model, but they also facilitate the provision of additional social services for those who want or need access to them. The ultimate objective is to ensure every tenant leaves better equipped than when they arrived. Education is key to this and whilst there are several uses for the communal spaces we create, the most important is providing a classroom-type environment in every development, so we can provide an after-school homework club with teaching support for students to take advantage of and provide secure childcare for working parents who need it.
The ideas from Lomax were successfully used in their first two developments in Maidstone and Colchester